LegalAidCamp.org is a not-for-profit platform operated by the Lex Do It, a Trust Registered in Delhi in 2015 under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882. LegalAidCamp.org aims to bridge the gap between those who want to provide legal help and those who need legal help. Lex Do It is a group of lawyers and law students who have been working for 5 years now towards legal awareness, representation and assistance for all. We help those who need it the most, i.e., for the legal empowerment of the vulnerable and the marginalised. We focus on legal awareness, legal aid, psychological aid / counselling, activism and public litigation.
The Lex Do It Team
Legal Aid Camp
Over the next five years, we aim to:
- Establish a community of legal help providers in each of the 742 districts of India to fortify legal representation and information for all.
- Make at least 50 million Indians sufficiently aware of their legal rights.
- Provide legal assistance in at least 2,500 cases in the process of litigation.
- Provide direct assistance to at least 500,000 citizens by the dissemination of legal information.
- Maintain a pool of fund to use for litigation in matters of extreme importance that adversely impact our society at large.
- Work with the Government, Judiciary, Bar and Law schools to enable the culture of providing free legal aid by practicing lawyers across age groups and jurisdictions in a systemised and efficient manner.
Lex Do It
We have in the last five years:
- Made 10 lakh Indians aware of their legal rights.
- Built a volunteer network of 100+ student volunteers.
- Assisted nearly 300 litigants with their cases – directly or indirectly.
- Conducted over 50 legal education campaigns.